Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Bumpy Ride

Welcome to the new blog, which is like the old blog, but in a new place, with a new name.

It's still my place to vent about presidential politics, pretend that I know how to properly critique what passes for American culture, and sometimes pontificate on some obscure sports topic.

And yes, we'll talk about God. Much like small children might go on about romantic love, or much like cavemen might discuss portable cloud storage. Or maybe how dolphins might go on and on about modern art. Honest myopia interrupted by accidental brilliance, is how I'd describe the inevitable God posts in this place. At least I'll be doing the heavy lifting myself.

Like a taxi, but bikier
That's where the rickshaw comes in. It's an unassuming contraption, powered by the sweat of a single person, designed for brief sojourns through congested urban areas. It's not a very serious mode of transportation, and it doesn't get you very far, and the ride can get bumpy at times, but at least it's environmentally friendly. If I had to pick my three favorite rickshawian adjectives, they would be "social," "intimate," "self-powered"; those will do just fine.
Green transportation

Social: I write because it's a way of interacting with you, dear reader.

Intimate: I like to share my fears, my doubts, my mistakes, my visions, my epiphanies.

Self-powered: I don't like to parrot other people's views -- not on purpose, I should say. If I write something that's been conjectured a thousand thousand times before, it's not because I stole it from a brighter mind; it's because I just failed to be the first one to come up with it.

So please, hop aboard this little rickshaw, maybe for the first time, maybe for the hundredth. Climb in, watch your head, put your feet up, munch on a little snack if you like, and let me spin us a tale while I take you a short philosophical distance to a nearby intellectual location.

Put your wallet away, silly. No charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment